A series of seminars is planned which are aimed at pilots and/or aircraft owners and potential owners. They are designed to de-mystify and to add depth to the training curriculum followed by student pilots and those generally interested in aviation matters.
The duration of each session is planned for 3 hours.
The location of the lectures will be at Laurentide Aviation’s classroom and hangars.
The time will be evenings 7-10 pm or alternatively on weekends 10 am – 1pm
Starting date is December 11. Future dates to be published.
Cost is $25.00 / session
Please e-mail Frank Hofmann at email@example.com with your contact information if you intend to participate. Visit http://www.hoftec.com/ for a course outline of some of these seminars.
Planned seminars are:
1) To Buy/own your own airplane. Choices of type, costs, operations
2) Owner Responsibilities regarding maintenance.
3) Owner Performed Maintenance. CARs 625 App. A. Portions are hands-on.
4) The Annual Inspection. Hands-on
5) Equipage. Modern Requirements and Equipment. ELT, ADS-B, Autopilot, Engine monitor, Ballistic Parachute, Transponder, Collision Avoidance.
6) Airplane Design. The steps in designing an airplane.
7) Making your own short and long-range weather forecasts for flying and holidays. Applied Meteorology.